About Me

My photo
I am a special educator who has recently relocated to Manila. One of my goals for this year is learn more about early childhood education and special education in the Philippines. I have been visiting schools and therapy centers (among others) and providing info here about them. I do not aim to endorse these different centers/schools, but my intention is to provide information in case some people are interested in learning more about them.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our Lady of Pilar Montessori Center

Last week I got to visit another school (finally!) after a long time :).  Our Lady of Pilar Montessori Center (OLPMC) is in Pilar Village, Las Pinas.  It is owned by the family of a childhood friend, Orange Garcia, who was gracious enough to take me around and also let me sit down and talk with two of their SPED teachers.

OLPMC accepts students from CASA (preschool) level up to high school.  They also have students with special needs who spend at least an hour a day in the regular ed classrooms for modeling and socialization, and also for "skills" subjects.  For academic subjects where they may need more assistance, they are taught by the special ed teachers in a separate room to allow for more individualized instruction.  

Here are some pictures from my visit :) 

The regular CASA classroom which houses several classes in one room and is divided by shelves to allow for more mixed age/groups interaction.


Typical Montessori materials which are allow for more concrete learning experiences and are usually self-correcting. 



Sandpaper letters

Alphabet and number puzzles







OLPMC's covered courts



Lunch area 


chapel (and me)


Primary classrooms

If interested in learning more about the school, see their information below. 


Contact: Claire Garcia /Orange Garcia



Our Lady of Pilar Montessori Center

Contact Information

Tel. No.: (63)(2) 801-0071, (63)(2) 800-6786
Fax: 806-1736
E-mailinfo@olpmc.com

Address

Silver Road 
Phase 1, Pilar Village
Las Piñas City
Philippines

Location Map



2 comments: