About Me

My photo
I am a special educator who has recently relocated to Manila. One of my goals for this year is learn more about early childhood education and special education in the Philippines. I have been visiting schools and therapy centers (among others) and providing info here about them. I do not aim to endorse these different centers/schools, but my intention is to provide information in case some people are interested in learning more about them.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blue Plate for Better Learning

I got to participate in Blue Plate for Better Learning (a feeding program for children in the public schools) with a group from Ateneo Law School's Human Rights Center. We met up at Ateneo in Katipunan and went to Manuel L. Quezon Elementary School near Commonwealth Avenue in QC.

Thanks to Patty Sison-Arroyo for dragging me along (as usual) to this event :).



Going in the school gates.


Some kind of assembly. Preparing for the last day of school I think.



The classroom for some of the kids who needed a little help in catching up with academics.  They had another classroom for those with more severe issues.



Volunteer parents doing the cooking.


Veggies chopped up and waiting to be thrown into the cooking pots.



Chicken!



Chicken afritada


Will have to upload more pics to this post later.  I am not sure if I have too many pics or the server is just being really slow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment