About Me

My photo
I am a special educator who has recently relocated to Manila. One of my goals for this year is learn more about early childhood education and special education in the Philippines. I have been visiting schools and therapy centers (among others) and providing info here about them. I do not aim to endorse these different centers/schools, but my intention is to provide information in case some people are interested in learning more about them.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kids First Early Childhood Intervention

Got to go on another school visit last Friday.  There was more focus on early intervention and I was really excited to meet up with Jet Manalo, their Early Childhood Intervention coordinator.  
Thanks to TinTan and RJ Quiroz for setting up last Friday's visit!



The door to Kids First.



One of the classrooms. The windows look out into the streets of Madrigal Business Center.


Another pic with the flash this time.


This is the next door classroom.


If I am not mistaken this is the Toddler classroom.


Room for OT activities.  Loved the climbing wall.


Romp room for music and movement activities.

Kids first provides programs for toddlers and preschoolers and also has an early intervention program for kids with special needs.  They also have therapists on site (OT and Speech) which allows for easier team collaboration.There was lots of space to move around and play.  They also had smaller rooms for speech therapy and assessment.  Thanks Jet for letting me visit and take pictures as well.  Sorry again for being so incredibly late for the meeting (most people will tell you I am hardly ever late for anything).  All I can say is, the south really isn't my stomping ground :).

For more information on Kids First and their program offerings, please see below:

Contact persons: Jennifer Teves Manalo (Early childhood intervention coordinator) 
Vanessa Morales-Balquiedra (Educational administrator)

Address: G/f Venture Bldg., Market cor. Prime streets
Madrigal Business Park, Muntinlupa city
emails: kidsfirstdiscoveryspace@yahoo.com
kidsfirsteci@yahoo.com

Telephone numbers:7033545/5563887

Here is a link to an article on the Manila Bulletin about Kids first:
http://www.mb.com.ph/node/272080/putting-kid 
  


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, my 4 year old son is still "bulol" and I want to ask help from speech dev't therapist, before enrolling him to regular class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, glad to be of help :). Has he been to school before? I think you will find it's ok if he goes to school even while going to a speech therapist. Even if he gets a bit self-conscious about his speech there are a lot of other things that he will learn he can do well and that will help boost his self-confidence :).

    ReplyDelete