About Me

My photo
I am a special educator who has recently relocated to Manila. One of my goals for this year is learn more about early childhood education and special education in the Philippines. I have been visiting schools and therapy centers (among others) and providing info here about them. I do not aim to endorse these different centers/schools, but my intention is to provide information in case some people are interested in learning more about them.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

CREATE and Learning Paths School

Got to visit yet another school today.  I was able to go to CREATE and Learning Paths School in Merville and got to observe a class being run by their school head/directress Teacher Tin Canon.
Thanks to Randy and Ting Bello who set up this visit for me :). 



In front of the school.


Sandbox with lots of sand toys.


Cubbies with boxes with their belongings.


I have never seen a mat like this before.  It rolls out and the kids can crawl or walk on it.  Sounds fun for sensory integration activities.


Garage converted into an outdoor play area.


The objective is to match a little figure/toy to the corresponding label and learning to walk on the balance beam at the same time.


From a better angle.


In the classroom.


Circle area and materials on the side.


Pictures on the bathroom door.


Indoor play area 




Water tables



Outdoor easels behind the school


A mixture of flour, water and paint = fun! What I've learned as a preschool teacher is that some of the best activities are the simplest and ones involving the cheapest materials around :).


classroom rules


Hallway murals

CREATE has classes for Toddlers (1.6 - 2.5) up to Prep (5.6 to 6.1), as well as Tutorial, intervention and  homeschool programs for preschool up to high school students.  

Director: Kristin V. Canon
Address: 29 Calcutta Street, Merville Park, Paranaque City
Telefax: 828-83-80
website: www.clpschools.com
email: create@clpschools.com

6 comments:

  1. The official name now is Create and Learning Paths (CLP) School, after they added middle school to their curriculum. You might want to edit your blog title.

    randyb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rands. sorry I didn't get to this earlier, was feeling a bit under the weather...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure. I should schedule some school visits soon. It's been so long since I've updated this. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, do you have idea how much for the tuition?

    ReplyDelete